2. Rental, Indemnity and Warranties.
This is a contract for the rental of the Vehicle. We may repossess the Vehicle
at your expense without notice to you if the Vehicle is abandoned or used in
violation of law or this Agreement.
You agree to indemnify us, defend us and hold us harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorneys fees we incur resulting from, or arising out of, this rental or your use of the Vehicle or our repossession of it. We make no warranties, express, implied or apparent, regarding the Vehicle or Optional Equipment, no warranty of merchantability and no warranty that the Vehicle or Optional Equipment is fit for a particular purpose.
3. Your Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that: the towing vehicle that you use during the Rental Period has the capacity to tow the Vehicle; any load will be properly loaded and placed for safe operation of the Vehicle; and you will ensure that when towing the Vehicle, it is properly secured and connected to the towing vehicle and will use safety chains, cables, locking devices and other similar devices meeting the requirements of applicable law.
4. Condition and Return of Vehicle. You must return the Vehicle to our rental office or other location we specify, on the date and time specified in this Agreement, and in the same condition that you received it, except for ordinary wear. You must empty waste tanks. If you wish to extend the Rental Period, you must return the Vehicle to our rental office for inspection and written amendment by us before the due-in date. If the Vehicle is returned after closing hours, you remain responsible for the loss of and any damage to the Vehicle until we inspect it upon our next opening for business, and Charges may continue to accrue. Service to the Vehicle or replacement of parts or accessories during the rental must have our prior written approval.
5. Responsibility for Damage or Loss; Reporting to Police. You are responsible for all damage to or loss or theft of the Vehicle, including damage caused by weather, acts of god or terrain conditions. Your responsibility will include: (a) all physical damage to the Vehicle measured as follows: (i) if we determine that the Vehicle is a total loss, the actual cash value of the Vehicle, less salvage; (ii) if we determine that the Vehicle is repairable: (A) the difference between the value of the Vehicle immediately before the damage and the value immediately after the damage; or (B) the reasonable estimated retail value or actual cost of repair plus Diminished Value; (b) Loss of Use, which is measured by multiplying your daily rental rate by either the actual or estimated number of days from the date the Vehicle is damaged until it is replaced or repaired, which you agree represents a reasonable estimate of Loss of Use damages and not a penalty; an administrative fee, calculated based on the damage repair estimate as follows, which you agree is reasonable: $0-$250 damage=$50 fee; $251-$500 damage=$75 fee; $501-$750 damage=$100 fee; $751-$1500 damage=$150 fee; $1501-$2500 damage=$200 fee; over $2500 damage=$250 fee; (d) towing, storage, and impound charges and other reasonable incidental and consequential damages; and all costs associated with our enforcement of this Agreement or collection of Charges, including attorneys fees, collection fees, and costs whether or not litigation is commenced. You must report all accidents or incidents of theft and vandalism to us and the police as soon as you discover them
. 6. Prohibited Uses. The following acts or uses of the Vehicle are prohibited and constitute material breaches of this Agreement: (a) Towing the Vehicle: (i) by anyone who is not an Authorized Driver, or by anyone whose driver s license is suspended in any jurisdiction; (ii) by anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol; (iii) by anyone who obtained the Vehicle or extended the rental period by giving us false, fraudulent or misleading information; (iv) in furtherance of an illegal purpose or under circumstance that would constitute a violation of law other than a minor traffic citation; (v) for commercial purposes without our written consent; (vi) to carry dangerous or hazardous items or illegal materiel; (vii) outside the United States or Canada; (viii) when loaded beyond the manufacturer's suggested tow rating for the Vehicle; (ix) when driven through or under an underpass or other structure without sufficient overhead or side clearance or when driven on unpaved roads; (x) when it is reasonable to expect you to know that further operation would damage the Vehicle; (xi) in a manner that causes damage to the Vehicle due to inadequately secured cargo; (xii) with your towing vehicle when your vehicle has insufficient towing capacity as determined by the manufacturer of your vehicle; or (xiii) by anyone who is sending or receiving an electronic message, including text (SMS) messages or emails, while operating the towing vehicle; (b) Failing to properly load materials and distribute the weight of those materials to allow safe operation of the Vehicle; Failing to properly secure the vehicle to the towing vehicle; (d) Failing to summon the police to an accident involving the Vehicle; Damaging the Vehicle by your intentional, wanton, willful or reckless conduct; (f) Transporting an animal (other than a service animal) in the Vehicle without our written consent; (g) Sitting, standing or lying on the roof or exterior of the Vehicle; (h) Transporting passengers in or on the vehicle while the Vehicle is being towed; (i) Placing signs or lettering on the outside of the Vehicle; (j) Placing loudspeakers or other sound equipment on the exterior of the Vehicle; (k) Failing to use the Vehicle in compliance with all instructions and warnings provided by us; (l) Using fuel with an octane rating higher than 87 if the Vehicle is equipped with an outside fuel station;and (m) Smoking in the Vehicle. PROHIBITED USE OF THE VEHICLE VIOLATES THIS AGREEMENT AND VOIDS ALL INSURANCE COVERAGE (WHERE PERMITTED LAW).
7. Optional Equipment. We offer certain Optional Equipment, including tables, chairs, generators, grills, heaters, kitchen or linen packages, and screens upon request and subject to availability for your use during the rental at an additional charge. All Optional Equipment is rented AS IS and must be returned to us at the end of the rental in the same condition as when rented.
8. Insurance. We provide collision and comprehensive insurance on the Vehicle with a deductible. You are responsible for the deductible amount. This insurance does not cover Loss of Use or our administrative expenses incurred processing a damage claim. Coverage is void if you materially breach this Agreement, or if you fail to cooperate in any loss investigation conducted by us or our insurer. You must: (a) report all damage to us and all accidents to us and the police as soon as you discover them and complete our incident report form; and (b) provide us with a legible copy of any service of process, pleading, or notice of any kind related to an accident or other incident involving the Vehicle. You are responsible for all damage to the Vehicle that is not covered by our insurance policies or that is in excess of our insurance limits. We do not provide liability insurance coverage on the Vehicle. You are responsible for all damage or injury you cause to third parties and agree to provide liability insurance coverage on the Vehicle through the insurance policy that covers your towing vehicle.
9. Charges and Costs. You permit us to reserve against your credit/debit card ( Reserve ) or take a cash deposit ( Deposit ) at the time of rental a reasonable amount in addition to the estimated charges. We may use the Reserve or Deposit to pay all Charges. We will authorize the release of any excess Reserve or refund any excess Deposit after the completion of your rental. Your debit/credit card issuers rules will apply to your account being credited for the excess, which may not be immediately released by the card issuer, and refund of your Deposit may require up to _45_ days to process and return. You will pay us, or the appropriate government authorities, at or before conclusion of this rental or on demand all Charges, including: (a) base rental rate for the Rental Period; (b) optional products and services you purchased; taxes and surcharges; (d) all expenses we incur in locating and recovering the Vehicle if you fail to return it or if we elect to repossess the Vehicle under the terms of this Agreement; all costs, including pre- and post-judgment attorney fees, we incur collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing our rights under this Agreement; (f) a reasonable fee not to exceed $_100_to clean the Vehicle if returned substantially less clean than when rented; (g) a surcharge if you return the Vehicle to a location other than he location where you rented the Vehicle or if you do not return it on the date and time due, and you may be charged the standard rates for each day (or partial day) after the due-in date, which may be substantially higher than the rates for the initially agreed rental period if a special or promotional rate applied to the initially agreed rental period; (h) replacement cost of lost or damaged parts and supplies used in Optional Equipment; and (i) a dumping fee of $50 if the Vehicle s waste tanks have not been drained (valves open, caps off) prior to return of the Vehicle. All Charges are subject to our final audit. If errors are discovered after the close of this transaction, you authorize us to correct the Charges with the payment card issuer.
10. Your Property. You release us, our agents and employees from all claims for loss of, or damage to, your personal property or that of any other person, that we received, handled or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the Vehicle or in any service vehicle or in our offices, whether or not the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibilit
11. Responsibility for Traffic Violations, and Other Charges. You are responsible for paying the charging authorities directly all parking citations, photo enforcement fees, fines for toll evasion, and other fines, fees,and penalties (each a Violation ) assessed against you, us or the Vehicle during the Rental Period. If we are notified by the charging authorities that we may be responsible for payment of a Violation, you will pay us or a processing firm ( Processor ) of our choosing an administrative fee of up to $50 for each such notification. You authorize us to release your rental and payment card information to a Processor for processing and billing purposes. If we or the Processor pay a Toll or Violation, you authorize us or the Processor to charge all such payments, service fees and administrative fees to the payment card you used in connection with this rental.
12. Our Responsibility to You if the Vehicle becomes Inoperable. If the Vehicle becomes inoperable for more than 24 hours, our liability to you is limited to the daily rental rate times the number of days the Vehicle is inoperabl
13. Personal Information. You agree that we may disclose personally identifiable information about you to applicable law enforcement agencies or to other third parties in connection with our enforcement of our rights under this Agreement and other legitimate business functions. Questions regarding privacy should be directed to the location where you rented the Vehicl
e. 14. Miscellaneous. No term of this Agcan be waived or modified except by a writing that we have signed. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us. All prior representations and agreements between you and us regarding this rental are void. A waiver by us of any breach of this Agreement is not a waiver of any additional breach or waiver of the performance of your obligations under this Agreement. Our acceptance of payment from you or our failure, refusal or neglect to exercise any of our rights under this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of any other provision of this Agreement. You waive all recourse against us for any criminal reports or prosecutions that we take against you that arise out of your breach of this Agreement. Unless prohibited by law, you release us from any liability for consequential, special or punitive damages in connection with this rental or the reservation of a vehicle. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions are valid and enforceable. This Agreement will be governed by the substantive law of the jurisdiction where the rental commences, without giving effect to the choice of law rules thereof, and you irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in that jurisdiction.